Why Do Athletes Turn to CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the main cannabinoids found in cannabis and has been shown to have many therapeutic properties. CBD oil is legal in every state and can be used to help athletes recover from strenuous workouts, reduce inflammation and ease common pain symptoms.
Here are some ways that CBD can be used by athletes:
- CBD can be taken orally to help reduce inflammation and pain
- CBD can be applied topically to help heal injuries
- CBD can be inhaled to help improve focus and concentration
- CBD can be added to food or drinks to increase its absorption
Is CBD Legal for Athletes to Use?
While every league may have different rules and regulations, CBD is generally accepted by most sports organizations as it does not contain THC (the psychoactive element of the marijuana plant). Because cannabidiol is federally legal in the United States, it’s considered safe for athletes to use in their respective sports and workout routines. If you’re an athlete considering using trauma oil for pain as part of your program, be sure to double-check it is allowed in your sport.
What Kind of CBD is Best For Athletes?
Athletes can choose to consume CBD in a number of ways. Aside from edible use, one of the most popular ways to use CBD is as a topical. Our Hero Brand Trauma CBD Oil, a roll-on topical oil, is ideal for athletes for the following reasons:
- It’s fast-acting and can be effective in a matter of minutes
- It’s easy to apply as it comes in roll-on form
- Even with frequent use, it will last 6+ months
- It contains 0% THC by scientific standards making it safe for athletes
Make CBD Part of Your Routine
These are just a few of the many reasons to consider adding CBD to your athletic routine. Even if you are not experiencing pain symptoms, you can still use CBD to help with anxiety about your next big event. You’ll be surprised how it can help reduce tension and help you focus on the game.